Short Term Foreign Training Program 2020 on MoU signed by the Government of Sri Lanka and Gwangju Metropolitan office of Education, South Korea.
Common Criteria and guidelines for calling applications
- For all teachers/ISAs/CRC Instructors/PICTEC Instructors
1. Being a teacher who teaches ICT as a subject for more than 5 years and having a period of 5 years of uninterrupted, successive service of teaching ICT subject as at 16.03.2020 (If there are study leaves (more than one month) / non-ICT attachments in the said period will not be considered as active service .)
2. Should not have no-pay leaves (as all personal leaves granted are over) within active service period.(Except no-pay maternity leave, foreign no-pay leaves taken in school vacation).
3. Service should be confirmed as at 16.03.2020.
4. Age should not be more than 53 years to the closing date of application (16.03.2020).
5. Should not obtain the same training previously under the Gwangju – Sri Lanka MoU. 6. Should not obtain any foreign training during last five years (05) offered by the Government under any program.
7. ICT teachers should fulfill below mentioned qualifications other than above common criteria.
a) A member of the officially established National Hardware & Network Solution Team by the Ministry of Education
b) A member of National Content Software Development team established by the Ministry of Education
c) A teacher who has been actively participated and contributed to the subject related activities (Programs/ workshops/ training programs) conducted by the Ministry of Education.
8. Instructors of Provincial and Zonal ICT Centers should fulfill the below mentioned qualifications other than above common criteria. Instructor attached to Provincial/Zonal ICT center who has actively maintaining the Centers and conducting the courses with more than 5 years of uninterrupted service by 16.03.2020 and he/she has to submit details of courses that he/ she had coordinated by providing the records of number of students to prove.
9. In Service Advisors (ISAs) should fulfill below mentioned qualifications other than above common criteria. More than 3 years of service as an ISA and perform as a master trainer of the ICT subject trainings and contributed for the National level initiatives which relevant to the subject using their knowledge & special skills other than the assigned task as an ISA.
10. The application of a school ICT teacher should be certified by the Principal.
General Guidelines for Submission of Application
1. The completed application with relevant recommendations should be submitted to the following address on or before16.03.2020.
Director of Education,
Information and Communication Technology Branch,
Ministry of Education,
2. Eligible candidates will be selected through an interview conducted by Ministry of Education.
3. Please note that candidates who do not comply with the above criteria will not call for the interview.