G.C.E. (A/L) ICT
(Information & Communication Technology)
Syllabus – Sinhala
(With New Syllabus)
(With New Syllabus)
ICT Grade 12
Syllabus – English
Module 1 : Basic Concepts of ICT
Explores the basic concepts of ICT together with its role and applicability in today’s knowledge based society
Module 2 : Evolution of Computers
Explores the evolution of computers so as to be able to describe and compare the performance of a modern computer.
Module 3 : Data Representation in Computers
Investigates how data are represented in computers and exploits them in arithmetic and logic operations.
Module 4: Digital Logic Circuits
Uses Logic Gates to design basic Digital Circuits and Devices in Computers.
Module 5 :Memory Management
Uses Memory Management to improve performance of a Computer.
Module 6 : Operating Systems
Uses Operating Systems to manage the overall functionality of computers.
Module 7 : Programming with python
Uses Programming Languages to program computers to solve problems.
Module 8 : Data Communications & Networks
Explores the use of Data Communication & Computer Network Technologies for effective communication of data & voice and resource sharing.
Module 9 : Database Management Systems
Designs and develops database systems to manage data efficiently and effectively.
Module 10 : Web & Multimedia
Develops websites incorporating multi- media technologies.
Module 11 :Systems Analysis & Design
Explores the systems concept and uses Structured System Analysis and design Methodology (SSADM) in developing Information Systems.
Module 12 : ICT in Business
Explores applicability of ICT to today’s business organizations and the Competitive marketplace
Module 13 : Future Trends in ICT
Explores new trends and future directions of ICT
Module 14 : A/L ICT Project
Designs and Implements a simple Information System as the Project.
The syllabus enables students to:
- Establish the foundation for ICT education leading to higher education
- Establish the foundation to build up their professional career
- Produce entry level ICT human resources required for the industry
- Enable to use ICT effectively in achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
- Provide students with ICT knowledge to improve the quality of life in general
- Provide awareness of the importance of computer networking for communication
- Improve the skills required for the development of ICT based solutions for real world problems
- Provide awareness of the new trends and future directions of ICT
- Enable to use ICT for innovation and researches
- Develop an appreciation of the role of ICT in a knowledge-based society
ICT Grade 12 PAPERS – PROVINCIAL
Second Term Test
|YEAR||TERM||PROVINCE||PAPER I||PAPER II||CONTRIBUTION|